Thursday, May 8, 2014

As I hoped, there is wifi on our bus to Munich. We have spent the last day and a half in Berlin and we had a good time revisiting the city with Alexandria and Richard. While the entire visit was enjoyable, I found it exciting that we found a beer that Jon really likes:


My favorite part by far though was visiting  the palace of Sanssouci.


The palace was built in the 18th century by Frederick the Great of Prussia and it was built next to a vineyard. It it is a very small palace with only 12 rooms as Frederick used this palace as his summer residence. 


As summer residences go, this was a pretty nice one. I wish that I could post pictures from inside the palace, but sadly you have to pay to take pictures. While I did pay the 3 euro to take pictures, the rules stipulated that any pictures taken inside could only be used for private use and could not be posted. 


However, the gardens were beautiful and the palace is actually in a park that houses several other palaces. We did not visit any others in order to have time to see Berlin, but it was pretty impressive to see them though the gateways. 


All in all, I loved visiting Sanssouci and had a great time going to Berlin again. Our hostel was near the original American checkpoint, so we were able to see that: 


And it was wonderful to see some sites, such as the Brandenburg Gate, as the sun was going down. It was beautiful and I am glad that we were able to experience it! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment