Friday, March 28, 2014

Kent is currently on Spring Break, so Jon and I decided to travel to Edinburgh with the days that we had off. Since we still had to observe and teach, we were only able to stay for a couple of days, but it was well worth it! 

View of Holyrood Palace from Arthur's Seat. 

Jon and I fell in love with Edinburgh. There are a variety of reasons as to why we love the city, but my number one reason is because the city is gorgeous. Edinburgh was never a top city to visit because I always thought of the Highlands when I thought of Scotland. While I am disappointed that I was unable to visit the Highlands, Edinburgh was a wonderful and beautiful city to visit that is filled with history, which I loved. 

Edinburgh Castle 

One of the things that helped make our trip wonderful was our hostel. We stayed at Castle Rock Hostel which is really well situated within Edinburgh; at least it was really well situated to visit everything that I wanted to see. In addition to an amazing location, our hostel room had a fantastic view (minus the yellow thing):


Obviously, many other things made our stay enjoyable, but I wanted to share the amazing view that we had! I hope to be able to share everything over the next week or so as long as I have the time. Hope all is well at home!











No comments:

Post a Comment